Thursday, January 20, 2011

Classical guitar

For a long time, my classical guitar skills were quite limited. I've mostly been dabbling with an electric or (non-classical) acoustic sounds. But in the last 6-8 months or so, I've been drawn to classical guitar. I happened to come across this video of Capricho Arabe (by the legendary Francesco Tarrega) and I was blown away. This degree of expressiveness using a single instrument is basically unheard of in rock/metal circles. imho. No entourage of bassists/drummers/vocalists, no distortion pedals to muddy the waters, just pure unadulterated music.
Soon thereafter, I got my first real classical guitar. The Almansa 434. I just had to do it.
Now I'm learning some of Francesco Tarrega's other songs. Also planning to take proper classical lessons from a well-known local guitarist, Anthony Garcia.
Where is this going to lead me?
PS: Never 'drink and blog'. Or this may happen to you.

No comments: