Thursday, May 13, 2010

Why GMail-in-a-browser is better than MS Outlook-on-your-desktop

1. Search actually works quickly. Or should I say, it works at all.
2. Threaded conversations are way more intuitive than RE: and FW: style psuedo-conversations.
3. In spite of being in a browser, it actually has better keyboard-shortcut support than Outlook. Try moving emails into folders in outlook using only the keyboard. Now try applying labels in Gmail. Way easier.
4. In spite of being in a browser, its actually faster than the bloated desktop Outlook client as far as I've seen and used.
5. I don't want to install 200MB worth of bloat to just check my email!
6. I don't have to re-install the bloat if I use multiple operating systems.
Too tired to think now, but I have a feeling there are many more.

No comments: