Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Television

I am not a big TV fanboy. I generally prefer the outdoors instead. However, these days, for better or for worse, I've been watching a bit of TV. My focus is mainly on the wildlife, travel and sports ones. My favourite channel without a doubt is National Geographic HD. The astronomy-related shows are superb. They're also based on fairly cutting-edge and recent research. So its mostly stuff that you'd probably not know via other means unless you are working in a related field. Did you know there's a jet of water shooting from one of Saturn's moons? The wildlife shows are a good reminder of what is out there and we're missing. From seeing the annual migration of the wildebeest to understanding why the shark is nature's greatest killing machine ever built - maybe you can get by without knowing. But again, you're missing out. Other favourites are TLC (Travel and Living). Their shows provide a great insight into so many different cultures. I find it very interesting. As far as sports on TV are concerned, I don't have much time left to watch any more than the occasional Soccer and Cricket. There are definitely better ways to spend your time, but its not all bad.

No comments: